MONFERRATO ROSSO D.O.C.

Great red wine obtained from a careful selection of Barbera, Cabernet Sauvignon and
Nebbiolo grapes. These grapes are cultivated in the best sun exposed vineyards and ideal
soil consistency. Each vineyard has kept its own main characteristics and carries new
scents and taste. Excellent meditative wine.

TYPOLOGY. Red with ageing in barrique.

GRAPES. 60% Barbera, 30% Nebbiolo, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION. In 1916, Stefano Cavallero started to build his new farmhouse. The area chosen was “Monterovere” hill, in Scurzolengo hamlet, where some of our relatives lived already. There existed an imposing durmast, which was burned by a thunder when it was hundred-year-old. According to the old Piedmontese tradition, the cellar was digged in the tuff. It became the background for a laborious changing process which continued, until nowadays, to make the new cellar, built in the middle of the vineyards, an international showcase for our wine farm. The Monterovere vineyard has always been an important Barbera
“cru”. According to the custom of that time, it included some rows of vines which have always been vinified together with the Barbera, thus giving special scents. Even today, as done on grandpa’s hill, we wanted to continue this tradition of blending complementary GRAPES. the Barbera, to give austerity and structure, the Nebbiolo to give longevity and elegance and the Cabernet to give a full-bodied character and softness. This “modern traditional wine” fully represents with the DOC Monferrato its territory of origin.

ORGANOLEPTIC DATA. The Monterovere has a delicate and smooth structure. The sweet oak and the mature fruit “wrap” the palate creating a delicate sweetness. This sensation can also be found in the bouquet, where the specific notes of the three grapes deliciously blend to create vanilla scents.

VINIFICATION AND AGEING. Removal of grape stalks and soft pressing of the bunches with lower sulphur dioxide level. The fermentation in contact with the skins lasts 14/16 days at a temperature of 28-30° C. Malo-lactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks. 70% of the must is ageing in brand new French oak barriques of the capacity of 225 lt. for about 18 months. The remaining 30% is ageing in barriques
previously used twice or three times. After the ageing in wood, the wine rests in bottle for at least 4 months
before going to the market.

GASTRONOMIC MATCH. Ideal with Italian first courses seasoned with rich sauces. Excellent with roasted
or grilled meat, game and roasted barnyard animals.